Thursday, June 16, 2011

Park Review - Layton Commons

Ever hear about all these amazing parks and playgrounds around Utah? I decided Logan and I will start travelling around Davis and Salt Lake Counties to experience some of the beautiful, fun parks in our area. Last Friday we went up to Layton Commons Park. This park is known for their duck pond, which we eventually found thanks to another mother.

Things I loved about this park:


-beautiful walkways. All shaded and peaceful

-a solid fence to keep kids away from the water (you never can be too careful)
-A fun duck pond with a variety of wildlife. Loved the ducks and geese but hated those darn seagulls. Logan was content in his stroller and didn't really want to toss the bread. Too young?



-A HUGE playground full of toys for all ages.

I also loved the big trees which provided us extra shade.


Logan loved the toys and watching the older kids on the merry-go-round. I wouldn't let him go on it since it was going at high speeds. Those things make me nervous! Will we go back?

YES!
Next time we'll bring a lunch and have a picnic. They also have a fun looking outdoor pool.

1 comment:

m@R(! said...

that's such a good idea to do in the summer! Check out new parks...we always stick to the old ones. I love Logan's hair!