Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby Girl

For those of you not on Facebook, you may have not heard . . .



IT'S A GIRL!

My whole pregnancy I thought I was having a boy. I was having similar pregnancies, I was craving salty things, and, this is silly, but the chinese baby calendar said boy. So that's what I believed. I even refused to look at girl names.


When we started the ultrasound, baby was calm and asleep. She also had her little legs together, so we couldn't see what she was. The doctor said that girls are usually more modest. Thata girl. We checked her heart and got measurements while I sucked on a dum-dum sucker, thinking the sugar will kick in and this baby will get moving. Everything looks great and we're right on track with our due date.


So sure enough, she started wiggling around. A closer look and the technician said, "You're having a girl!"


I admit, it took me by surprise. Then tears came. Then Benj said, "I had a feeling it was a girl, I just didn't say anything to you." I guess the last few weeks, he started feeling like she was a girl. He has got to feel her kick a couple times and he just thought girl.


Honestly, I love how Benj had the right intuition this time. I love picturing a sweet little girl in his arms. He will completely melt.


I also started thinking about Logan. I remember it becoming so real when we found out he was a boy. Now the same thing is happening. I pictured him as a big brother. A sweet older brother who will look after his little sis.


How could I not feel anything but complete joy while these thoughts ran through my head. It makes me emotional. I feel so blessed.


And I can't wait to have a daughter.

2 comments:

Ashley Jensen said...

I am beyond excited for you guys! :D Now you gotta get started on those names!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Oh WOW! Congrats! I love little girls and am so happy for you guys!