Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Great Grandpa Jack

 Arnold W. Bradshaw
November 1, 1918 - December 27, 2014
 We lost a wonderful man in our lives a couple days after Christmas. Our dear Grandpa Jack died at the age of 96. I am so grateful I have been able to be a member of his family and have gotten to know him the past decade. He was always so kind and loving towards me and my family.

When Grandpa was taken into the Emergency Room a few days before Christmas, I had the opportunity to go visit him. At the time they were running some tests and didn't really know what was going on. I was hopeful he wouldn't have to stay in the hospital on Christmas.

Despite his condition, he still greeted me with a smile. We chatted for a while and I decided I had better head home to Benj and the kids. I'll never forget holding his hand and telling him I loved him and that I hoped he got feeling better. He looked me in the eyes and said, "and I love you too, Dear." Those words struck me and I'll always remember that precious memory.

I enjoyed compiling a few pictures over the years. One of the things we enjoyed doing every year was having Easter Brunch at Oakridge Country Club, hosted by Grandpa Jack and Grandma Mel.

Here is the first year I was there (2007)

 In 2009 (I had Logan 5 days later)

2010 (with the Easter bunny)


Visiting brand new baby Norah - November 2011

At Norah's baby blessing - Feb 2012

Easter 2012

December 2012

 Thanksgiving 2013


4th of July 2014

Grandpa had a wonderful service. The weather was frigid during the funeral, but the wind stopped during the graveside service. We think of Grandpa often and will miss him.

No comments: