Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Poor Little Max

 This poor little guy is at the age where he is constantly falling or bumping into things. The worst was when he fell and hit his eye on the corner of the TV stand.
 I took him over to Bryce's house (my awesome sister-in-law who's a nurse!) and she glued it back together. Max's cousins, Cameron and Colton, kept his attention with a cool light saber toy. The glue started coming off after a few days and by then his eye was nice and purple. It will probably leave a scar, which makes me sad. His perfect little face!

Right around Christmas, Max started getting all 4 of his molars. He also caught a cold in the middle of it. He was not a happy camper. He abruptly stopped nursing and well, eating much all together. I got really worried about him and was thankful after a week or so, he had his appetite again. One thing he didn't want to do was nurse. So we made it about 15 months.  It's always a bittersweet time for me. I'm glad we're moving on and I have my body to myself (I've been nursing or pregnant for the last almost 4 years). I get emotional thinking that my baby is getting older and doesn't need me (in that way) anymore. I really have enjoyed nursing all my babies.

Although sick, I didn't mind the snuggles. I'm glad as I'm writing this that he's back to his happy self.
Here's hoping to a healthy beginning to the new year!

No comments: