Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

MOTHER'S DAY 2014
The kids look so thrilled in this picture, don't they?
Our Sunday mornings (even though our church is at 1:00) are always hectic and we're usually late. I made the family late today because I wanted a few pictures. Not the exact way to keep the spirit and prepare for church. However, that's how my life is right now - hectic. Being a mother is hard.

It's a good day if I get dressed before 11 am. 
It's a good day when there aren't 50 diapers strewn across every room in the house. 
It's a good day when I can greet Benj home with a smile instead of a look of desperation. 

It's a great day when I build a blanket fort with Logan, ignoring the piles of laundry or dirty dishes in the sink.
It's a great day when Norah wants to dance with me in the kitchen.
It's a great day when Max gives me open-mouthed kisses and big toothy grins.

And you know what? I definitely have more great days than just good days. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Motherhood is meant to be enjoyed. I find that the times I put the distractions aside and focus on these 3 special people in my life, I am a happier, better person. Not to mention happier kids too.

My family spoiled me with gifts (flowers, a hand-held vacuum, a precious hand drawn picture), a yummy breakfast, a sweet rendition of "Mother, I Love You" and numerous amounts of hugs and kisses. I am one blessed mom.

No comments: