Saturday, April 19, 2014

Benj's 30th Surprise Party





 So, I knew I wanted to do something special for Benj for his 30th birthday. Plus since Logan has been  born, Benj's birthday has been a bit overshadowed. I planned for a couple months, letting friends and family know and trying to keep any party prep out of sight. It was so hard to keep a secret and act casual when talking about birthday plans.

I gave Benj a massage for his birthday so I had about a 90 minute window to get everything set up. Thank goodness for family who helped set up or it would've never gotten done. I felt a little frantic as I tried to get things done. 

Our friends and family were waiting in our backyard when Benj came home. Here he is coming through the door to a yard full of people yelling "Happy Birthday!!!"


 A big thank you to Christy, Benj's relative, who took most of these pictures! 

Here are the some of the guests:





A fun poster and memory book for guests to write their well wishes to Benj.

 We had an ice cream bar with lots of yummy toppings.

 We set up a bouncy house for the kids. It was a big hit! These photos were taken before some of the other kids got here. I think Logan stayed in this the whole party.



So as soon as I came out with the cake, the wind blew out the candles. I knew they wouldn't stay lit, so we sang and Benj pretended to blow them out! Haha.



Sweet moment. Love that man.

I had plans for a little photo booth but ran out of time. The kids had fun with the props. 


Norah become quite attached to Christy. Super cute.



Some of the Bradshaw family.

It was so much fun! Thank you to all who attended! 

No comments: