Friday, September 6, 2013

Stinger

 Last night our family went on a little outing to Farmington Pond. One, to get out of the house and two, to walk and see if we could make any progress on this baby coming!

We had a great time enjoying the pleasant weather and feeding some of the ducks. When we were headed up to our car, we must've disturbed some wasps. 

I heard Benj shout and he had been stung on the tricep. We hurried to the top where Logan was already waiting. He suddenly shouted and grabbed his eye. He had the wasp in his hand and Benj threw it to the ground. It had already did its damage and had stung him right on the corner of his eye. 

We tried to get him to calm down as we loaded the car, wanting to get home as quickly as possible. Once driving, I heard a buzz by my ear and I quickly shook my head. Sure enough, a wasp was in the car. I felt a sting on my neck and I screamed to stop the car and hurried and opened my door. Benj got out too and the wasp flew out. Both kids started crying and I was about to cry too! 

We finally made it home and gave Logan some pain meds. He slept well and this is what he looked like this morning:

 He said, "My eye feels better Mom!". He has been in a pleasant mood all day, so I'm glad he's not in pain or itching. Poor guy.
One thing is for sure, we will never go up that same path at Farmington Pond.

No comments: