Friday, January 18, 2013

Winter!

 I can't believe this winter season! Maybe I've gotten spoiled with mild winters the past few years, because January seemed like the coldest, longest, snowiest month I've ever seen!

I remember taking this picture the morning after we got dumped on by nearly 2 feet of snow. (Jan 10th)

 You can see how deep the snow is. Benj didn't go in for work until the afternoon. Partly because he couldn't get out of the driveway in our little Honda. The plows seem to come last on our little street.

There was a wall of snow when I opened the side door to our backyard.

 Logan and I went out to look around and he couldn't walk in it since it was up to his waist. I made a path for him to the slide where we made snow angels and rolled around in it. Logan didn't like it when I threw him in - I just couldn't resist. Mean mom? I made up for it with hot chocolate with extra marshmallows.







One thing is for sure - it was beautiful! There's something so calming about being outside and not hearing anything but the crunch of your own boots. Its especially beautiful when the sun comes out and the inversion is gone, which has happened more lately (thank goodness).

No comments: