Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Go Team Blue

 Logan had his first soccer game last Saturday. Benj was also asked to be the coach. We've been prepping Logan and trying to practice with him the past month or so. He's one of the youngest on his team and therefore a little less coordinated. Have you ever watched a 3-year-old soccer game? Its hilarious. I'd say 1-2 players on each team kind of know what they're doing, while the others tend to do their own thing.

He was super excited to wear his soccer stuff. Once we got to the field he made his way straight to the playground. Darn those distractions. 

He was a little unsure about the whole thing. I kind of expected that to happen. He hung out by Daddy when he was on the field (don't they look cute in their matching shirts? Benj's is from Uruguay where he served his mission). He tried to kick the ball, missed, and landed on top of it. A fit soon followed and he didn't want to play much after that. I couldn't help but laugh.

Daddy was a great coach. I think Logan will get the hang of things the more he plays. I read somewhere that there's nothing better than learning you can do something you thought you couldn't. I hope this soccer experience will build his confidence, allow him to make new friends, and encourage good exercise. Above all, I want him to enjoy himself.
Good job Logan! I'm proud of you!

No comments: