Friday, April 6, 2012

New Member of the Family

Meet Baby M, first baby girl for my brother and sister-in-law!

We had to make sure these two cousins met as soon as possible. :)

Both weren't too sure about each other at first . . .
but became good friends in no time. M is such a petite little thing -weighing a little over 6 lbs. It'll be kind of hard to catch up to her chubby cousin.
My little bro and proud new papa.
Sweet little family. This picture makes my heart want to burst.
We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho. On the way there our Jeep overheated and caught fire. We were within yards of a gas station. The kiddos were fast asleep in the car and luckily it wasn't a very cold night. Benj walked to the gas station and I was alone with the kids in a car when a friendly policeman showed up. Since we were near a construction zone, he piled us in his car (imagine me and the 2 kids in the back seat like criminals) and took us to the gas station. Logan was awake and thought it was pretty darn cool. There we waited for an hour until my sweet dad came to pick us up. The jeep was towed to a nearby "town" by a guy named Solly. It was about 1 in the morning by the time we got to bed that night.
I keep telling myself it could've been worse. Thankfully the family is safe and the car is able to be repaired (for a pretty penny). Its still in Inkom as I type this - a little town with a single car repair service, gas station, and grocery store.
However, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at my parents' house. My kids got tons of attention.
Because of a snow storm, we held a little egg hunt indoors for Logan. He thought it was the funnest thing ever.
He got his very own room and slept in a queen-size bed. Lucky kid.

We hope to see lots more of baby M. Hopefully the next trip won't include car troubles. Thanks mom for driving us home. We owe ya big time.

1 comment:

Ashley Jensen said...

Sorry to hear about your car :( Let us know if you need anything. Also, I adore that last picture of the kiddos...so cute!!