Friday, April 20, 2012

Logan Facts

Facts about Logan
at age 3
This little man is growing before my eyes. He is learning and absorbing so much. He loves to sing and always makes me smile when I can hear him singing from the other room. He stays on pitch pretty well, but likes to go extra high on the high notes. Some of his favorite songs are: The ABC Song, Heavenly Father Loves Me (The Tree Song), Families Can Be Together Forever (I Can Song), Love One Another and the Elmo's World Theme Song.

Speaking of Elmo, he's a big fan of Sesame Street, Word World, SuperWhy, and Curious George.
He is the pickiest child in the world. His favorite foods are: Carnation Instant Breakfast, pancakes and other breakfast food, hot dogs, apple juice, goldfish, shredded cheese, rice, and chinese noodles. I cannot get him to eat any vegetables besides potatoes and he's pretty picky about fruit too. It drives me up the wall, and I'm praying this phase will pass soon.
He has learned how to spell a few things, mainly his name. He recognizes all of the letters and will point them out everywhere. He tries counting to 20, usually missing a few of the -teens. He has an amazing memory and recites his favorite books, shows, and songs. He also never forgets when I promise him a treat.
He's a clever little stink and knows how to get into everything. Our saving grace are doorknob baby locks. He takes full advantage of doors accidently being left open and is constantly trying to open the pantry. He still naps about every other day. He at least has "quiet time" every afternoon. We can often hear him thumping around upstairs after being put to bed.
He has taught me to embrace the outdoors. He is totally in his element when he can roll, jump, run, bike, swim, kick, throw, etc. He notices every airplane in the sky and bug on the ground. The only way I can get him to leave the park is if I promise him a popcicle. He has always loved walks and now enjoys them with his little sister.
He is a sweet big brother. He leaves Norah alone most of the time, but will tell me, "baby's crying" when she's sad. He likes to observe her and gets rather concerned when she grabs at his books or toys. We always let Norah "give" Logan a kiss and he'll giggle at her.  
He's learning how to say his prayers and he always ends with, "thankful for Jesus. help us be like Jesus." So so sweet. He LOVES nursery and knows to hang his picture up on the fridge when we get home from church.
He's quite the shy little guy and doesn't like confrontation. I think this age marks the process of learning to share and play with others. Logan will start preschool this fall and I think he'll love it. Before preschool comes potty training. I bought him some underpants but need to commit to training him. Wish us luck.

I am so grateful to be Logan's momma. He's such a fun, cooky, stubborn, adorable kid.

Love you Logan!

(Birthday party posts to come soon!)

1 comment:

Kiley said...

What a darling little boy!