Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who Says

First of all, I'm sorry I'm not doing too well at posting lately. Logan and I have colds and would rather snuggle and read books instead.


I'm getting sick (no pun intended) of people saying how January is the worst month of the year. Come on guys, its not THAT bad. In fact, there are quite a few good things about it. I am partial to January for a few reasons, not just because its my birthday month. Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why I Love January:

1 - Winter Activities

You can't tell me you don't enjoy playing in the snow. If you don't, you shouldn't be living in Utah! You can go sledding, build a snowman, snowmobile, ski, snowboard, ice skate, etc. When was the last time you had a snowball fight? If you want to feel like a kid again, go outside and make a snow angel.
This is me in Oakley, UT about 2 years ago.



2 - Beauty

Along with all the activities listed above, you get to be in nature. Utah is SO pretty in the winter.


3 - Warm, comfy clothes
I would like to thank my mother-in-law Marcy for introducing to the fabulous world of fuzzy socks. How did I not know about these before? Its like wearing a soft blanket on your feet. I recommend them to everyone. Also recommended are leopard print fleece pants.

4 - The New Year

What better time to make new goals as well as celebrate everything that happened throughout the year before.


5 - New episodes of my favorite shows!

6 - Hello sunsets
The inversion in good for something - it makes the sky absolutely gorgeous. Photo taken on I-15.
7 - Hot chocolate
Especially the peppermint cocoa with homemade marshmellows. Thanks Jen!
8 - Diving into a good book
This is where a combo of my favorite things come together: a good book, hot chocolate, fuzzy socks, and a sleeping baby.

9 - Birthdays!
I don't mind being in the spotlight once in a while.


10 - Birthday Goodies

I don't mind getting spoiled either. :)

So I know you can experience some of these things throughout the winter, so maybe this post should be 10 top reasons to love winter. The next time you start hating on winter (January especially), remember how many good things come out of it too. Especially my birthday, haha.

Have a great winter day!

2 comments:

Cecily said...

It looks like you're having a good winter! I love the beautiful cloud picture you took. I'd also love the recipe to your homemade marshmellows!

Skylette said...

OOOH, goodies from the LOFT! Not a bad reason to love January at all. ;) How are you liking The Book Thief? I'm in the middle of it but have to finish a different book for my book club...but can't wait to finish Book Thief.