Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Start

I always start my new year with a few resolutions. I love feeling a new determination to accomplished my goals.


However,

instead of trying to accomplish everything all at once, I'm going to spread it out a little. I was inspired by one of my favorite bloggers. She chose one word to be her motto for the year, and I thought it was such a good idea that I would do the same.


My 2011 word is:

I will focus on doing one thing a month to improve myself, my family, and my home. I hope by spreading out my goals, I will be able to FOCUS on this specific goal and improve life one step at a time. I also hope to focus on the important things in life.
My (or should I say our) word to focus on for January is BUDGET. Not a fun one to focus on, but needs to be done. Benj and I have made some big goals for our family this year, and we know we can accomplish them by being smart about our $. Not going into too many details, we hope to begin and achieve some of Dave Ramsey's 7 steps to Financial Freedom. We are very excited and determined! So, if you want to hang out with us, think of cheap, fun things to do!
I will continue to update on a monthly basis. Stay tuned and here's to a FABULOUS YEAR!

1 comment:

Stoddards said...

That is such a great idea. I just might have to try it as well. I can't wait to hear other ideas.
Looks like Christmas was good to you this year.
Let's get together again soon. Miss you lady!