Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monkey Party

Logan had a fantastic first birthday party. We decided to go with a monkey theme for our little monkey. It was perfect weather with perfect company! Enjoy the many pictures!
The birthday boy!
I posted a few pictures of the decor. This was the gift table. The little cards were for guests to write down a birthday wish or favorite memory of the birthday boy.

I made a watch-me-grow banner with monthly pictures of Logan over the past year.


Cute napkin rings

On the gift table

Our other guests :)

Centerpieces for the tables. The monkey and banana are little banks.

A look at the long table

Happy birthday banner (the wind was blowing a bit).

Our delicious spread of food.

I call this the monkey tower. They had monkeys and Runt bananas on top. I thought they turned out really cute.

Our lovely guests: grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends!




Proud parents. Can you also tell I'm a little tired? Hosting a party is hard work!

My Side

With his aunt (that is Logan's new smile)

Cute friends
Benj's two good friends. Don't their poses make them look like they're little boys?

A cute picture of Logan with his cousin

One of my favorite pictures of the day: Logan playing with his friends. Thats when he was the most happy!

I had no idea how Logan would handle the whole birthday cake thing. He didn't want to go back in his high chair so he cried during the whole "Happy Birthday" song. Once I gave him the cupcake, he dipped his fingers in the frosting for a little bit. He tasted the frosting, but became very concerned with the stuff on his fingers. He'd open and close his hands - I don't think he liked the stickiness.

I didn't get too good a picture, but we got a great video. I still have trouble loading videos on here, but maybe my hubby can figure it out.
He had a very concerned look on his face the whole time. He got about halfway done before he'd had it. A short time later he threw it all up (sorry Ashley). Guess it was too much sugar for that little tummy.

He was in much better spirits when we opened all of his great presents.



Checking out some of his stash.

Love this smile. Benj's first comment was, "Look at that perfect grasp." Future football player?
A little play time with daddy
It was a lot of fun. We made lots of good memories. Happy Birthday Logan!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like it was a fabulous day. Super cute pictures. Happy one year Logan!

Ashley Jensen said...

What a fun time! No worries about the throwing up part, I'll just remind him of that in years to come. haha

Natalie Carver said...

We had such a good time with you guys! Thanks for inviting us! We loved coming to Logan's first birthday! We look forward to many more to come! Callie had such a good time there, she LOVES Baby Logan! : )
Happy 1st Birthday big boy!

Caralee said...

Little Logan is sure lucky to have a mom like you! What a cute monkey birthday party.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I can't believe how fast this first year has flown by!

Stoddards said...

Look at you. What a fun birthday! Great pictures!