Monday, April 26, 2010

1 Year Older


I get emails from BabyCenter every week saying "your baby is 3 months old, etc". Now it has changed to "your toddler is 1 year old." I just can't say that my BABY is now a TODDLER. I don't think they should be called toddlers til age 2. Even when Logan is grown up and married and has his own children, he'll always be my baby. Wow, typing that really puts life in perspective. I'm totally going to be the mom who cries when her kids reach kindergarten.
It is amazing how fast time goes by. Has it really been a year since I held you in my arms in the hospital? I remember hearing you cry and motherly instincts immediately took over. I felt bonded to you before you were born. I got to know you when you were still in mommy's tummy. I knew you'd be active. I knew you'd be healthy. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father allowed me to be your mom.

Logan, each day you remind me how precious life is. You have such a happy, joyful demeanor and you light up the room. I cannot stay mad at you for more than a second (that might be bad when you get older). You instantly melt my heart with your smile. You make every diaper change, late-night feeding, temper tantrum worth it. I've never been so tired and sleep-deprived, but I've never been so happy.

I LOVE watching you and your daddy. You guys have a special relationship and seem to be best buddies. Its so cute how you squeal and jump when you see Daddy come home. You two are already wrestling on the floor. You love to play and since your dad is a little boy at heart, you laugh the hardest and have the most fun when he's around.


So, as done every month, here is what Logan at ONE YEAR OLD.


1 YEAR APPOINTMENT:

Weight: 21 lbs 1 oz (35%)

Height: 30 inches (65%)


Did not enjoy the shots in the thigh. Had a good fever for a few days following. I'm amazed how happy Logan is even when he's not feeling good.

LEARNED:

-how to kick/swim in the water. It is absolutely the cutest thing ever and I laugh every time he does it. Not a huge fan of going under water but we're working on that. We're doing a mom and tot swimming class twice a week and we both LOVE it.

-how to take his first steps! I think the most we've seen is 3 steps in a row. He usually does it from a couch to mommy's arms. Still prefers crawling probably because he's so darn fast at it!

-that sitting in sacrament meeting for a whole hour is way too long. He does not like to be on the floor and is constantly trying to climb over mommy and daddy's laps. Loves to squeal at anyone he makes eye contact with. He's only content with Cheerios for so long.

-that ice cream is really, really good, once you get over the cold part.
-how to say a few words: mama, dada, book, duck
-how to climb up on the couch
ENJOYS:
-playing with friends and cousins
-eating anything that mommy is eating
-watching and reading about animals
-"talking" with other kids, meaning he usually yells/echos back at them
-going for walks and drives and looking around
-his new bath toys (thanks Grandma and Grandpa)
-inspecting every object he gets his hands on. His favorites include anything on the bathroom counter, mommy's cell phone, and tupperware bowls and kitchen gadgets
-favorite game: pull everthing out of drawers, baskets, off the couch, you name it. He's even tried getting into the garbage (gross).
-watching his movies
DISLIKES:
-getting his fingernails clipped
-getting things taken away from him
-eating in his high chair when tired
-being held when he wants to crawl around
-wearing any kind of shoes. HATES them.
Happy Happy Birthday Lo-Lo Bear. Love you!

1 comment:

Court and Brade said...

happy happy birthday to logan! can you believe our baby boys are 1??? I know, it goes SO fast huh!! he is so darn cute amanda!