Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ouch!

Two nights ago I called my doctor because I was feeling some abdomen pain. He said if it got worse to go to the E.R. but otherwise he wanted us to come in and check things out. Our visit revealed that everything is going great (we got to hear the heartbeat again) and that I'm feeling ligament pains because of all the stretching. No one told me about this part! I was told drinking a lot of water helps but that's even more trips to the bathroom! Ha ha.

Another note: a patient saw me today in my scrubs, came over and said, "Look at you, you're showing a little!" That made me smile. Then someone else in the office asked me, "Amanda, where's your belly? I can't even see it!" I suppose to some I look pregnant and others not. The doc said plan on showing at 20 weeks because of my long torso.

Anyway, just a couple a couple pregnancy thoughts . . .

7 comments:

Craig and Cynthia said...

Manda,
One of my best friends in Boise was telling me "Pregnancy is awesome but no one tells you about all of the strange things that happen to your body." Hopefully the pain won't be too bad for you.

Natalie Carver said...

I am so sorry! You could have called me! I had those all the time, it hurt really bad! I feel awful that I didn't tell you about those! Well I am happy that you are ok and that you got to hear the heart beat agaon! Nothing is better then hearing that! I didnt show until about then too! It is kinda nice, because then you will get sick off showing (or being big) and want to be back to yourself and see that little baby in real life : )
Can't wait to see you tonight :)

Cecily said...

I'm glad you're okay!

Terha said...

Yeah those hurt bad! Sorry I didn't mention it either. It true what people say, you totally forget about the pain through pregnancy and delivery once the baby is here. Sometimes a warm heating pad for a few minutes helps.

m@R(! said...

the joys of pregnancy...i usually start showing to the point where people say stuff around 20 weeks...that is when it gets a little more fun. i am so excited for you...don't you just want to talk about it ALL the time??

Skylette said...

I'm so jealous that you won't show much until 20 weeks. I can't keep pregnancy a secret because I swear my belly button pops out at conception! LOL relish your long torso. :)

ps: as i'm doing my word verification, this is how it reads: icsatan... creepy! Halloween?

Kiley said...

Sorry about the pain - that same thing happened to me. I was so worried, and then I was told that it was just growing pains. I wish someone had told me before!