Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fantastic Fall Weekend!

I hope everyone had a fun weekend just like we did. It was so BEAUTIFUL! The epitomy of what fall weather should be. Enjoy it now because Utah seems be warm one minute and snowing the next.

Even though this wasn't technically the weekend, we went to our 2nd doctor appointment on Thursday. It was short and sweet, but I once again left feeling much more happy and relieved. We didn't do an ultrasound, but we did hear our sweet baby's heartbeat. The most beautiful sound in the world. I can't help but get emotional when I hear it. We also set up our "big" appointment for finding out the baby's sex! I can't wait to be able to call our baby a "he" or a "she" instead of an "it". I've had a couple dreams lately where I see a baby boy, but I don't know if that's my crazy dreams or my motherly instinct. We would be extremely happy with either one! Oh, by the way . . . has anyone been daring enough to make their own baby quilt? I have some extreme ambition to do a quilt, bumper, crib skirt and curtains. If you do, please show me your patterns or finished project!


On with the weekend. On Friday I drove up to Logan to hang out with Ann and Sheena. We missed Jenelle because she got Lasik the day before. We had a blast catching up. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures (I need to be better) but it was so fun. I hate how time flies and we don't see each other in months. I'm like that with everyone! I get caught up in "life" and before I know it, it's been way too long.

Saturday Benj and I went to the Utah game against Colorado. It was one of the most entertaining games I've ever been to. Not just because of the actual game (we killed them 49-16) but because of where we were sitting. I was wearing a black shirt and carrying my red jacket when someone yelled, "put your jacket on!" I yelled back, "it's too hot." Their reply was then, "take off your shirt then!" followed by hoots and hollers. I held onto Benj and walked faster up the stairs. Benj just laughed. While watching the game I heard Benj laugh (again) and there was suddenly a guy in a red speedo who stopped directly in front of us and gave us a little dance. I diverted my eyes until he ran away!



If you can see the screen, you may recognize the "crazy lady" who does a little dance before the 4th quarter of every home game!


After that we saw John McCain and Sarah Palin walking down the stairs. Ok, it wasn't exactly them but these two had pretty good costumes. I didn't get the best picture, but it was hilarious. Palin was holding a baby doll and McCain continued to shake everyone's hand. They met Obama down the stairs. Some people have a lot of time on their hands. Even when we were in the car leaving some guy came up to my window, yelled something about the Utes winning and gave me a high five. I felt like I had a sign on that said EMBARASS ME!



Later that night we hung out with our friends. Chris and Ashley (on the left) got engaged the night before! We're so excited for them! Natalie and Tony are always willing to let us come over to their cute house and hang out. You guys are so much fun!

On Sunday we went up to Mantua (near Brigham City) and listened to my cousin give his homecoming talk. Spencer went to a Chinese speaking mission to London! He was glowing! It was also so fun to see family. Even though most only leave an hour away, I haven't seen them in a year. Sad! I have a big family so me and 3 other cousins are pregnant! I also met about 3 new babies who have joined the family. I have to get my practice in right? Ha ha.

5 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Sounds like you guys are living it up!!Yay! To make my header thing I use scrapblog.com. It lets you pick templates and add in your own pics and then I just save it on my computer and that's that. I am addicted to it. Let me know if you have any questions...

Craig and Cynthia said...

Sounds like fun. How cool Chris is Engaged. That is exciting. I love college football games. We haven't been to one at BSU yet sad, because they rock, but true. We really need to get to Salt lake to see you guys. How is the pregnancy going? and when do you find out the sex of your baby?

Skylette said...

Oh, I'm so glad to know that you guys are Utes fans too! We don't bleed blue like a lot of folks up here...
I can't wait for you to find out if 'its' a he or a she! Do you have baby names picked out?

Natalie Carver said...

Hey I am always so happy when you guys come over! You are more then welcome to come over whenever!
We need to go shopping! I have more coupons!!! LOL I am sorry, I am just so excited for you guys~

John and Rachael Alexander said...

yeah I was excited to hear Chris is engaged! that makes me so happy. we live right by tony and natalie, so you guys need to come visit us and hang out soon! glad you had a great weekend!