Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sleeping?

We're moving Logan into a "big boy" bed to prepare for baby girl. We converted the crib to a toddler bed because we thought the transition would be good for Logan. We'll be moving him into a twin bed in hopefully a month.




So far Logan goes down perfectly at bedtime. Naptime is another story . . .
The thing is he's pretty sneaky about making these messes. It's happened about 3 times in the past week. I think he went down pretty good this day but woke up and started getting into everything. I know that he slept for a while, but I have no idea how long.
A day or two later, I put him down and heard him talking for a little while (he does this often). Little did I know he was once again getting into everything. He wore himself out and slept on the floor. At least he slept right? :)

So all you moms out there, what do I do next? Childproof his drawers and take all of his books and toys out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

We went through this but at 16 months you are lucky you have made it this far with the crib. Camilla did the same thing but eventually the tornado fun wore off and I would put her down for a nap with a book and she would go down.

m@R(! said...

HAHAHA! that is too cute! I have no advice..sorry. Though I am impressed he still fell asleep.

Kiley said...

That looks familiar - Nathan does the same thing at our house! Good luck to both of us!

Cleverly Triple said...

ya, i would just take out all his toys and anything that could quickly become a disaster. i left the books in the girls room...i figure if they're not tired they can read, i'm fine with that. but toys....it's too distracting. eventually you may have to put a child-lock on the door if he figures out how to open the door. ;)

Cali said...

Yeah- I didn't have any toys in Addie's room when she transitioned either. Nothing for her to do= sleep. :)