Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First ZOO Visit

Last Friday was the best weather we've had so far this year. Grandma and Grandpa Croft came down to visit from Idaho and we went to the zoo! I don't know why but I've been wanting to take Logan for a while. I was even tempted last year when he was a few months old! I'm glad we waited because Logan could not get enough of the animals.

photo from hoglezoo.org
This picture makes me laugh because it was my MOM who was anxious to see the animals. I barely got her to stay long enough to take the picture before she whisked Logan off.
Grandma and Logan watching the monkeys. These were Logan's favorite animals. He even made monkey sounds "oo oo oo". I can't get him to do them again. I guess it only happens when he sees real monkeys.
These elephants were my favorites. They were so much fun to watch. The baby girl elephant is named Zuri and she's even younger than Logan!
Look how cute she is!
Logan was too fascinated to look at the camera.

This is how we rolled most of the time.

The giraffes had a baby too!

Grandpa and Logan

Logan wouldn't stand by the orangutan chart. He kept on trying to crawl on the dirty ground. He's between an infant and teen orangutan.

We highly recommend you go. Next time we'll try the train. :)

6 comments:

Cecily said...

I've been wanting to go to the Hogle Zoo for a while now. Great pictures! Looks like you had lots of fun!

m@R(! said...

i have not taken my kids there yet! I love the last picture of you and your boy.

Skylette said...

I wish it would warm up enough here to just THINK about the zoo! Glad you guys had fun. :)

Natalie Carver said...

oh i love those pictures. i remember taking callie there for the 1st time. you are such a good mama to logan

Amanda said...

What a fun trip! Looks like Logan had a good time.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Love the zoo. we really need to get together and let logan and brittana play. You are looking sooo skinny by the way.. how is insanity going?