Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lava Hot Springs

This weekend we went on our annual Lava Hot Springs trip! We had 15 people total (most from Bountiful) and it was a blast! This is the bunch after finishing a few tube runs down the river!
We got in Friday night and set up Chris' monster tent. It can fit about 10 people. The boys (except for Benj . . . the only married one) slept outside the tent. When it got cool enough in the evening, we went to the hot springs. I could only stick my ankles in for a bit because it was superrrr warm. You could seriously cook in it! I eventually got in to my shoulders and it felt so good on my aching muscles!
The first thing we do on Saturday is go to breakfast at the Chuckwagon. Afterwards was a friendly game of volleyball. Lava has a bunch of parks and most of them were pretty crowded. Then we got our tubes and went down the river. We tried to stay in a long chain but after a couple people falling out, we decided that the smaller links were better. I gave Benj a hard time because he kept on letting go of my tube. After the river run, we went to Fat Jack's: THE place (and practically only place) to eat in town. If you've ever been to Lava, there is one main road with I think one stop sign. It's about as po-dunk as they come!
The other famous spot to hang out is the Olympic-size pool with the 3-platform diving boards. Some of us were brave and faced the top one! I'm not one for heights so I opted to watch from the bottom!
Another fun little trip for the Bradshaws!

5 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Hello lady!!! I still have not floated down the river in Lava!!! Super scared!!! How have you been?

Stoddards said...

I haven't been to Lava in along time. Hey, come to think of it my older brother was there that weekend. Who knows maybe you passed him floating the river.

Natalie Carver said...

Oh I wish that we could have gone, it looks so fun! Maybe next year Callie will be a better baby in the car and at taking naps~ we would love to go! I love Lava hot springs! It looks like you guys had so much fun! We miss you!

m@R(! said...

that looks like so much fun..i am jeolous you got to go rafting in the grand canyon..i have always wanted to do that. fun!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Amanda,
That looks so fun. You will have to let us know when you go next year and we will try to come. I have never been to Lava for a vaca only driven by for sports in high school.
Cynthia