Monday, March 21, 2011

Pot of Gold

While Benj was in Mexico on business, Logan and I set off on a mini trip to Idaho Falls. It was a much needed break and was a lot of fun.

I gave Logan a few driving lessons (he's a natural).

We went to Rexburg where Logan got to meet Captain, my brother's turtle. Logan got a lovely bite of approval, with surprisingly no tears.


My brother Sam and his cute wife Jenni played hosts and made us a delicious italian dinner. I just love hanging out with my family. By the way, I had almost forgotten about the wind in Rexburg. It was sooo cold up there!

Since we spent St. Patrick's Day up in Idaho, we made festive rainbow cupcakes.


Logan also "made" a rainbow out of colored marshmellows. I think I found this kid's new favorite treat. He probably ate about 50 marshmellows while I decorated his rainbow.

Its good to be back home. We sent off Daddy once more to Toronto on another business trip this week. Visitors are more than welcome!

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Fun! I love visiting home too!

Ashley Jensen said...

Sounds like fun! My dad just told me about how when he was little he came home from his aunt's house saying she gave him marshmallows and he really liked them. So when his mom gave him some he said, "This isn't a marshmallow, this is soft!" Haha I guess Aunt Mae's marshmallows were a little old...

Ashley Jensen said...

I see it now...very sly ;)