Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Growing and Growing

This is my little munchkin in his favorite squatting position. If he's not walking (or running), he's squatting. Usually reaching for a toy or something to put in his mouth. Oh my goodness I love him. I love how much he's soaking in. He does something new everyday. This kiddo is no longer a baby (I shouldn't say that because he'll ALWAYS be my baby) but he has reached full-blown toddler age. Yes, even the temper tantrums are coming out. I am honestly baffled how 15 months can go by so fast. Yes people . . . 15 MONTHS! Can you believe it? I can't.

Active + clever = constant trouble
He has figured out how to twist/pull lids of everything. He pushes any kind of button he can get a hold of. He knows if he's found a book or magazine to tear the pages. He high tails it to the fridge so he can empty the crisper drawer. I was thinking 9 months was hard - but these babies know what they're doing. Now they're just faster and sneakier.
He has become particularly fond of:
-his blankie - he reminds me of Linus the way he hauls it around
-his monkey - loves to give it hugs
-popcicles - has one (or more) every day
-graham crackers
-books with things to flip and look under
-puzzles and blocks
-playing chase and tackle/tickle
-helping Mommy with anything - laundry, unloading the dishwasher, even offering Mom some of his food
Logan had his check-up and did great. Didn't pay much attention to the nurse and doctor because of a cool toy in the room. Stats are:
Weight: 22 lbs 13 oz (30%)
Length: 31 1/2 inches (70%)
Head circumference: 18 3/4 inches (60%)
One thing that I was told not to worry about (but I am anyway) is talking. Logan can say a couple words and I think he says a few others, but not often enough for me to count them. I hear of kids his age saying 10+ words, doing hand actions to songs, etc. I think Logan knows what I'm saying and doing, but doesn't do it back. The doc says usually by 18 months, kids can say 10-15 words, and 15 mo olds say 3-5. Do you guys have any suggestions for increasing vocabulary? Just curious.
I consider myself very lucky to have 2 handsome boys to see every day. :)

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Cute kid! I can't believe he's growing up so quickly!

I've heard that the more you talk to them and read to them, the better their speech development. Maybe I ought to work on it too.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

HE is sooo cute! It was great to see you the other night and we need to get together more often!

tphillips said...

He is totally adorable! I love his little curls!!!

Jen said...

He is so cute! It's fun to watch them grow isn't it! I like your cooking blog! It's great to have new ideas for dinner! I'm going to have to try that candybar pie recipe!