Saturday, February 20, 2010

Double Digits

My baby has reached the double digits - 10 months old! I know I do a similar post every month but I want to document everything Logan is doing.

Logan has learned:

-how to talk (sort of). He's been saying mama and dada for a while, but his new favorites are wow, wow, wow (over and over) and dude. Sometimes he says it over and over, therefore expressing the word doo-doo. Perhaps its a word of warning!

-how to scream in protest. Seems to do this most when he's sick of being in his high chair or car seat. Or when an object is taken away. At church is also a favorite.

-how to MOVE. This kid is the fastest crawler I've ever seen. He stands alone for a few seconds without realizing it.

-how to make spit balls. Ususally from mommy's magazines.

-how to dump everything out of a box, toy chest, drawer, you name it.

-how to look especially innocent when a cookie is in sight. I give in too much.

-how to drink from a sippy (sort of). I'm counting this because we've made progress.


Enjoys:

-attacking daddy when he's lying on the floor

-playing in his tub. He could spend all day in there and be happy

-fruit fruit fruit

-sunshine. I love it too after being cooped up this winter.


Funny story:

This just happened last night. Logan usually sleeps through the night, but woke up about 4:30. I could tell he was wet, so I started changing his diaper. I didn't turn the light on since I've changed a gazillion diapers, but as I was rolling the diaper, I felt something soft and wet on my hand. POOP. A lot of it. I soon realized it was not only on my hand, but up his back and in his crib. No, I didn't smell it right away (I was too tired to smell). I call for Benj about 5 times. Nothing. I wipe off Logan and take my naked child in our bedroom, yell "BENJ! Wake up NOW!". He heard me that time.
Benj changes the sheets while I clean Logan off and change him in dry jammies. Still smell poop but figure the odor is lingering. Nurse and put Logan back to bed.

I come back in the next morning and still smell poo. I soon find the cause . . . its in Logan's HAIR. I didn't think to wash that part of him but it must've got on him when I pulled the jammies off. Agh. Poor kid. Logan gets a nice morning bath and we thoroughly clean his room.

Lesson learned: turn the dimmer lights up when changing a diaper.

2 comments:

Skylette said...

hahahaha - you've got to love those 4 in the morning 'Ah-ha!' moments. ;) I will take your words of advice into consideration. :)

Stoddards said...

i just have to laugh at your story. just because i think it has happened to most of us mom's.
cute photo by the way, i can't believe he is 10 months. i need to see that cutie again sooner then later.