Friday, February 19, 2010

Big Fan


For those of you who need a new read, I recommend this book. I seriously read it in a day. For those of you who have asked, here is a synopsis of the book:


In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Speaking of big fans, how about the Olympics? I have stayed up too late every night watching them. I wish I was in Vancouver right now because it looks like so much fun.


Do you guys get as excited as I am?

4 comments:

tphillips said...

ok I sooo need to read this book...I have heard nothing but good things about it.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

Crazy- I just read it last week and it is an awesome book. Have you started the 2nd? I just started.

Alison said...

I too loved this book. It's funny because when people ask what's it about, they get turned off when you tell them it's about teenagers killing teenagers! I almost hate telling people what it's about because I don't want them to think I'm morbid! You just got to read it!

Leana and Mark said...

I love "Hunger Games." I recommend that book to anyone I know. Have you read the second one yet? "Catching Fire." And the third one is coming out on August 24! I honestly can't wait.