Friday, November 14, 2008

WE'RE HAVING . . .

A BOY!!!
Those who voted boy are correct (which was 75% of you . . . good guessers)! Benj and I can't express how EXCITED we are! Being pregnant has been the most thrilling experience of my life. I have learned so much about myself, my relationship with my husband, and what it feels like to have someone to watch over. I know I have a lot more to learn, but I feel like there are some wonderful experiences ahead.
Thursday morning we went in for our appointment. I was nervous, but I was feeling like everything was going to be ok. Almost the very first thing we did was get directed to the ultrasound room. Benj had a notebook and started writing in it. He planned on "taking notes" and list details about our experience. The doctor and tech both asked us what we wanted and if we wanted to know what it is. Our answers were both the same: we would be happy with either one and definately YES! Benj added that he had feelings that it was a boy.First of all, our darling babe has grown a ton. I couldn't believe what I saw on the screen. The profile of his face is so adorable and I couldn't get enough of watching him yawn. I love his little belly too. I have a feeling he's gonna be so handsome. :) He was kicking away, stretching, and flailing his arms anywhere (we didn't know he was a he yet). I had a couple pieces of chocolate right before and I think he had quite an energy spurt. About 10 seconds into it, the nurse said, "Well, dad is right!" Benj and I were both like, "How in the world did you see that?" A closer view indicated this:
Yep, definately a boy. The nurse said I could be so confident as to start painting the nursery blue and tatoo his name on my arm. I was relieved that it was so obvious!

Here's a shot of his legs stretching. He did this multiple times. It looks like he has long legs. We'll see if he grows into them before he's born.
The nurse checked all of his organs and we even counted his little fingers. His measurements were right on with his due date, so we're still planning on April 16th. Our baby now weighs 7 oz. and is approx. 6 inches long! Quite a change from 1 oz and 2 cm.

We got to take a DVD home with the whole ultrasound on it. I have a feeling I'll be watching it many times!

10 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Yeah for little boys!!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear some of the names you have picked out!

m@R(! said...

that is great!! i am so excited for you!!!! Now you can go and shop cute boy clothes. there are soo many cute ones for boys no matter what anyone tells ya.

Kiley said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you're having a boy - I've definitely loved having my boy!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

So excited for you guys! dinner was so fun last night and we need to get together again soon! I agree that the ultrasounds are amazing to see your baby and it is a relief to make sure everything is developing properly!

Stoddards said...

congrats! you will love having a little boy. well, have to go shopping!!

Skylette said...

Oh Congratulations!! Little boys are so much fun. At first, when I saw the two ultra sound pictures on your blog I thought you were announcing an 'extra' surprise! Phew, one healthy little boy on his way!

Natalie Carver said...

Amanda and Benj- I really cant tell you how excited I am for you guys! This really is such a fun time in your lives. This new adventure will bring on so many new emotions that you have never felt before! I know that you are enjoying every moment of this, and continue too! It wont last for to much longer! I love you guys and I can not wait to meet this little guy!

Haylie said...

I am so excited for you and Benj. What a blessing to have a little boy. We might have to get the two together after they are born...maybe they will be a good match! :) Okay...I won't plan the babie's future already! Congrats!

Court and Brade said...

congrats congrats!!Yay for little boys! So excited for you... and now we can go through this together, via blogging! ha ha:) so awesome

The Morrill men and Me said...

Hey thanks for leaving your blog address on mine. I thought I tried to click to yours from Erin's but it didn't work so I just figured it was private, but I am glad I can ckeck it out!!! YEA! for boys we have loved having ours and can't wait for more to come:)