Thursday, September 18, 2008

WE'RE PREGNANT!

We've been trying to keep it a secret for a month now and we can finally tell everyone! WE'RE HAVING A BABY! We went to the doctor this morning and we saw our baby for the first time! Baby Bradshaw was kicking and moving like crazy as soon as the technician found it on the ultrasound. Benj said, "It's no wonder you've been feeling nauseous." It was the cutest, sweetest little thing ever! I think Benj and I were just struck with awe as soon as we saw it. The baby has a nice, strong heartbeat and as soon as I heard it beat, I started tearing up. What an amazing experience! The doc says that it's about 3 cm or 1 1/2 inches. The estimated due date is April 16th, 2 days before Benj's birthday. So we're about 10 weeks along. We look forward to the months ahead and will keep you posted with any new info!
Oh, and for those of you curious, I've been feeling pretty good this trimester. I have my nauseous moments and definately a lot of tired moments, but I can't complain. P.S. For any moms out there, I greatly appreciate any advice you have. This is all very new to me!

16 comments:

Terha said...

I'm so excited for you!! You are going to make a wonderful mother!!

Stoddards said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you both. It is truely the most amazing moment in your life's. The whole experience is so wonderful and is so hard to put into words. I can't be more happier for you both! Congrats again!! Please keep us updated! We need to go out to lunch with the girls and celebrate!!!:) love ya!

m@R(! said...

yeah that is sooo exciting...you have sooo much fun ahead of you!!! i can't wait for the prego pictures to start coming. :)

Tonya said...

Yay! Congratulations! How exciting.

Cecily said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such good news! Good luck with everything! I'd give you some advice, but I don't know anything either! haha

Kiley said...

Congratulations!!!!!! That is the best news ever! I just say - good luck. Hang in there, and enjoy the ride!

Caralee said...

That is the best news ever! I bet you will be an adorable pregnant lady. Sorry, I've got no advice to give you. :) Good Luck!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

YEAH!!!! CONGRATS! I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Congratulations. I was just looking at your pictures the other day and thinking. I wonder if Amanda is preggers. You had the glow and that is awesome.

Aimee Hardy said...

Congratulations! Motherhood is the best thing ever, even when it comes with its challenges :). You guys will be great parents.

John and Rachael Alexander said...

congrats! We are due at exactly the same time- I'm April 14th... so we will have to be preggo buddies to sympathize with each other because John is getting tired of all my complaints! We should hang out soon! I'm glad you found our blog! you guys are a great couple and I am so excited for you!

Challosh said...

Congratulations! Keep on posting with updates!

Court and Brade said...

congrats congrats congrats amanda! That is so awesome. I'm SO SO glad you aren't feeling too sick... So exciting!

Skylette said...

Congratulations!!! Being a Mommy is the best thing in the world. Lots of foot rubs to look forward to in this pregnancy, right? :)

Erin said...

Congrats on the baby! I'm way excited for you guys. It's harder than anything I've ever done but is also the most rewarding thing you'll ever do. I'm excited for you guys.

Sorry I didn't leave a comment when I first heard the news!

Erin said...

Oh yeah, You will LOVE having an April baby. Its the BEST time because you never have to be pregnant in the summer and you have just passed the winter months for sickness and RSV season. Claire was born in April and I LOVED IT! I would love to have all my kids in April and May just because of the weather. You don't have to worry about taking them outside.

Congrats again.