Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Exciting News

 Well, I'm dusting off the ol' blog! I can't believe it's been a year. I'm hopeful as I update with current events, I can go back and fill in the gaps. 

So, the most exciting news was one we got on Father's Day.
 See that faint plus sign? Yeah, just barely. But it was sure fun to surprise Benj on his special day.

Pretty crazy we're adding one more to the mix.

These kids really are so excited to have a new baby in the family. Even Max seems to get it and asks daily in his baby voice if there's a baby in my tummy.

Here's a close up of our little nugget - right around 10 weeks. It is always nerve racking for me to wait for that first doctor appointment. It was such a relief to hear the baby's heartbeat and see it on the ultrasound. He/she even gave us a little wave and I fell in love immediately. 
Due date: FEBRUARY 28TH, 2017

My first trimester was similar to what I experienced with my other three. No morning sickness, just had a bit of that icky, bleh feeling, food didn't sound good, I'd have to eat first thing in the morning, and my energy was completely gone (goodbye morning workouts). I am thankful to have good pregnancies, as I know a lot of women aren't so fortunate. 

Here's my first belly shot, right around 12 weeks when I started to notice a little bump.

Enter the 2nd trimester and I'm feeling even better. No nausea, a little more energy and a growing belly. I got this fun maternity shirt that counts the weeks of pregnancy. I'm showing even more now than in this picture, so I feel I can wear it more often. Here's 14 weeks.

On September 13th, we went to the doctor to find out the baby's gender. We didn't take the kids with us and once we found out, we couldn't wait to share the news. Here we are revealing baby's gender while gathered for Max's birthday. 

We're so excited that we'll be having another GIRL! Norah was elated, the boys have warmed up to the idea, and Benj and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'd be happy with a boy too, but it's fun to make it even and to think about have 2 daughters.

My last picture is a bit funny, but one I wanted to document because: 
1-My mom is cute and thoughtful and 2-I think they're fun (and comfy)
I have a couple goals I want to make mention of before baby girl comes:
1 - Decide on a name
2 - Redecorate the baby's room, including painting the walls, crib and dresser
3 - Sort through Norah's clothes, as well as the boys
4 - Declutter and simplify our home
5 - Catch up on the blog! As well as organize current photos and videos
6 - Plan a fun vacation before baby girl arrives at the end of February

That's not much, right? Haha. At least I will know what will keep me busy over the next 5 months!

1 comment:

Kiley said...

So ... I finally got around to reading blogs ... I'm so excited you're having a little girl!! Congrats :). And I look forward to seeing more on your blog ;).