Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

Old photo - snowmobiling in Oakley, UT in Jan 2009

I am perhaps one of the few who don't seem to mind January. Sure, I could do without the inversion, but maybe I should just escape up to the mountains more often (see photo above). 

For me, January means new beginnings and a fresh start. I LOVE making new goals. I wrote in my journal a list of things I'd like to do this year. Many of them are the same in years past, but that doesn't mean I failed at them previously. It simply means I want to continue to progress in them. Sometimes January helps get the ball rolling again.

Many of my goals are not ones I can simply check off a list (although I do like making lists specifically to check things off). If I could make myself perfect by the end of this year, I would totally do it. But that's not going to happen. I'll have a misstep or two . . . or three or four.
 
The point is - I am going to work on making myself better in 2014 than I was in 2013. Perhaps get rid of a few bad habits (ahem, Facebook). Try to develop or increase some of my talents. Not be so hard on myself when I make mistakes. 

Here are few things I'm working on:

-strengthening my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior
-being a better friend
-making my children feel special
-being more positive
-enjoying the "moments" in my daily life as a wife and mother
-letting go of distractions
-creating fun, lasting memories for my family
 
So here's to 2014 and making progress!

No comments: