Saturday, June 7, 2008

Projects!

First of all, sometimes I really hate technology . . . when it doesn't work! I am so mad because my computer isn't recognizing my camera so I can't load new pictures. I don't see why it's not working because I've used my camera a BILLION times before. Boo!

Moving on . . . I have a couple fun projects I want to start soon but I need some ideas. I want to make a scrapbook for a birthday gift and I want to make a homemade cover. I've seen them before but I don't really know how to make them. I searched Roberts and left empty-handed. Here's an idea of what they look like:


This last one is by Sheena. She's so creative!!! Anyway, if anyone has any instructions, let me know! The trouble is I don't know where to start! I'm looking into doing an 8 x 11 size.

I'm also beginning an embroidery project. I bought this pattern yesterday. So cute! I haven't decided if I want it to be a pillow or if I should frame it.




My mom gave me a sewing machine and I have a couple quilts/blankets I'm working on. Hopefully soon I can show you the finished project!

5 comments:

Cecily said...

Those covers do look sooo cute! I wish I could help you out but sadly I have no instructions. I can't wait to see your finished products! I love the 4th of July embroidery project too!

Stoddards said...

That was so nice of you to wright that...Thanks! Sorry I havent got back to you we have been in Salt Lake having fun!
As for the ideas its hard to say I just come up with them out of know where. I always like using ribbon, buttons and flowers they are always good statements. I bet you could go look online and it might help you out with an idea.
I am in I.F. for awhile so when I get back I will call you and we can plan for a bbq or something. Good luck with your project. love ya!

Natalie Carver said...

Those covers are so cute! Chelsea Carver has made some, I can ask her and I will get back to you! You are such a little crafty thing! I would love to be more crafty! I envy you! Have fun and can't wait to see the end projects~

m@R(! said...

Did you ever find the scrapbook. I actually bought one at Blossoms in SLC but it is a 8x8. I don't know if they have the size you want. sorry!

Craig and Cynthia said...

Manda,
I'm not sure if this will help but I do know how to get a distressed look on the edges of the papers, thanks to my sister in law. There is special ink you can buy & you just rub it along the side of the pages. She did this for our announcements.